Feedback

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Hi Nick, thank you for sharing this great tool. I'm currently integrating it's output into my animation tool... the artists will be very happy once I'm done :)

Here's some things I found whilst using it

1. For me (Vista 32, running from VSX 2008 in debug mode, also tried built release binaries), the gui tool appears to never finish the pack operation (controls don't become enabled again). It seems the buildProcess never raises it's Exited event, but it does exit because the output files appear and when I close the form I get "Cannot process request because the process (49444) has exited.". One of the artists I know tried it out and he never reported it, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong
  2. It would be nice to be able to name the output image and list files differently. When I change one it sets the other and the text boxes are read only (perhaps setting the image file name should also set the list file name but not vice versa).
  3. Would also be great if it remembered the last used file types for images and list files.
  4. [EDIT] If you close the form before pressing Build you get a null reference exception.

PS I love the plugin extensibility. Very cool.

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM

That all sounds good to me but I don't have any time to fix these up. If you want to submit a patch to fix this stuff up, I'll integrate it in.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Done. Thanks again for the tool :)